The safety and well-being of our Providence Ballet students and community are of the utmost importance to us. We are closely monitoring the ever-evolving COVID-19 developments and are following the advice of the state and Center for Disease Control (CDC). Please take the time to review these new guidelines as we venture into re-opening the studio.
- Students, staff, and faculty who are fully vaccinated may choose to not wear a mask.
- Students, staff, and faculty who are not fully vaccinated must wear a mask.
- Classes with students under 12yrs old - both the teacher and the students will be required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.
- Both Teachers and Students will follow social distancing recommendations while in the building. Designated spots in the classroom will be given.
- Hands-on corrections or adjustments will not be permitted.
- All in-person classes will need to be pre-registered and pre-paid for before each 5-week session begins to be confirmed in the class.
Arrival & Departure
- You must wait outside until a Providence Ballet faculty member meets you at the door. All students must be dropped off at the door as the waiting rooms will be closed to families and guardians at this time. Students must wear masks and arrive on time.
- Upon arrival, students' temperature will be taken via non-contact thermometer and hands will be sanitized with provided sanitizer.
- Students should wear masks during departure. Late pick-ups hinder sanitation for the following class. Please be prompt.
- Both Providence Ballet locations are equipped with air purifiers with Medical grade filtration - H13 true HEPA air filters. MERV 13 air filters have been installed in the HVAC unit in the East Greenwich studio. In Providence, as long as the weather permits, we will be leaving all doors and windows open and fans on as to create the best air exchange as possible.
- Hand sanitizer is available at both locations and is required upon entry. Ballet barres will be sanitized after every class.
- Dance floors and restrooms will be cleaned regularly.
Restrooms & Dressing Rooms
- Please arrive dressed and ready for class. Students should keep all of their personal belongings with them at all times.
- We ask that you reserve the restrooms for “emergencies” only. This minimizes exposure.
- Students should only come to the studio if feeling completely well with no symptoms of illness. Students showing any signs of illness will be sent home.
- If a student is quarantined from school due to a COVID-19 exposure, they must also quarantine from Providence Ballet for the same time period.
- Be sure to check out this screening tool. https://www.reopeningri.com/resource_pdfs/COVID19_Screening_Tool_English-NEW.pdf
- Additional Resource - State of RI Department of Health: https://health.ri.gov/diseases/ncov2019/