The safety and well-being of our Providence Ballet students and community are of the utmost importance to us. We are closely monitoring the ever-evolving COVID-19 developments and are following the advice of the state and Center for Disease Control (CDC). Please take the time to review these new guidelines as we venture into re-opening the studio.
- Masks are mandatory for both Providence Ballet faculty members and students while on the premises. In-person classes, Creative Movement - Ballet IV, will involve stable small groups: min. 4 - max. 7 students in East Greenwich and 8 students in Providence, which allows for the same group of students for each 5 week session.
- Creative Movement - Ballet IV, in-person classes, will involve stable small groups: min. 4 - max. 7 in East Greenwich and 8 students in Providence, which allows for the same group of students for each 5 week session.
- Intermediate & Advanced Levels, in-person classes, are invite only. Drop-in (adults only) require a minimum of 24hr online pre-registration to reserve your spot.
- Intermediate levels: If there is a larger number (8+) of students wanting in-person classes we will organize a rotation to accommodate what we can. This is a case-by-case situation and we thank you for your patience as we navigate this through the Fall.
- Both Teachers and Students will follow social distancing recommendations while in the building. Designated spots in the classroom will be given.
- Hands-on corrections or adjustments will not be permitted.
- All in-person classes will need to be pre-registered and pre-paid for before each 5-week session begins to be confirmed in the class. If you decide to not continue with your chosen in-person class you may at any time change to a virtual class once notifying the Director so we can open up the spot for another dancer.
- Make-up classes are to be done virtually as to ensure the same stable groups per class.
Arrival & Departure
- You must wait outside until a Providence Ballet faculty member meets you at the door. All students must be dropped off at the door as the waiting rooms will be closed to families and guardians at this time. Students must wear masks and arrive on time.
- Upon arrival, students' temperature will be taken via non-contact thermometer and hands will be sanitized with provided sanitizer.
- Students should wear masks during departure. Late pick-ups hinder sanitation for the following class. Please be prompt.
- Both Providence Ballet locations are equipped with air purifiers with Medical grade filtration - H13 true HEPA air filters. MERV 13 air filters have been installed in the HVAC unit in the East Greenwich studio. In Providence, as long as the weather permits, we will be leaving all doors and windows open and fans on as to create the best air exchange as possible.
- Hand sanitizer is available at both locations and is required upon entry. Ballet barres will be sanitized after every class.
- Dance floors and restrooms will be cleaned regularly.
Restrooms & Dressing Rooms
- We ask that you reserve the restrooms for “emergencies” only. This minimizes exposure.
- Please arrive dressed and ready for class. Students should keep all of their personal belongings with them at all times.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well! Please follow the advice of the state and Center for Disease Control (CDC) for updated guidelines regarding Covid-19.
- You can always makeup class virtually.
- Be sure to check out this screening tool. https://www.reopeningri.com/resource_pdfs/COVID19_Screening_Tool_English-NEW.pdf
- Additional Resource - State of RI Department of Health: https://health.ri.gov/diseases/ncov2019/